The Jets Will Shut Up The Haters Tonight
The New York Jets have always had a loyal following and if you aren’t a part of that chances are you HATE them. Why? This has been going on way before Rex Ryan and his exploits; it has more to do with being second fiddle in the Big Apple.
Most Giants fans will root for the Jets but there are a growing number of “jealous” fans who hope the Jets lose because Gang Green is playing in the playoffs and their team is golfing. With all of that said here are five ways for the Jets to win and five ways they might lose.
Keys To Winning
1) Protect QB Mark Sanchez, even though he is amazing at avoiding the pass rush he is prone to some bad decisions when under fire.
2) The Jets have to run the ball to offset the pass. Shonn Greene has to have a big game and LT has to continue to so well in short yardage situations and be a safety valve for dump passes.
3) Dustin Keller has to be used early and often. He can help break the zone defense.
4) The Jets pass rush has to get to Peyton Manning, if they don’t he can still pick their secondary apart.
5) The Jets have to use a lot of short timing pass plays and look for an occasional bomb via Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards, if not, they won’t be effective.
Five Ways They Can Lose
1) Kicker Nick Folk misses multiple kicks and gives Jets fans a reason to kick in their television sets.
2) Jets never touch Peyton Manning and he throws for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns.
3) Reggie Wayne manages to escape “Revis Island”.
4) Rex Ryan uses up all of his timeouts early in the first and second half of the game.
5) Adam Vinatieri beats the Jets, again, with a last second, game-winning field goal.
Prediction: Jets 31 – Colts 30