6) Ryan Strome – He’s 6-0, 175 –C - Ottawa Senators - He has decent size and has great moves and terrific stick and puck control. He had 12 points in 14 playoff games this year a terrific showing. The Sens really need some offensive firepower in their system.
7) Jonathan Huberdeau - 6-1, 170 – C – Winnipeg - He has a big frame that will require some more bulk to play at the NHL level for sure. Excellent speed, amazing hands, can score down low. An eye-popping 25 points in 14 playoff games for St. John. Points are easy to come by in the “Q” hence the 7th position in the draft.
8) Ryan Murphy – 5-10, 166 - D – Philadelphia Flyers - He’s slightly taller than 5-10 but his quick release and pro quality one-timer will make him tough to pass on. The Jackets have always needed a power play quarterback and he’s the guy.
9) Duncan Siemens - 6-3, 192 – D – Boston Bruins (via Toronto) - He’s a big blueliner who might be a shutdown guy in the NHL and he has a pretty sneaky, accurate shot. The Bruins can afford to draft for need here, thanks to the Leafs, and they need another solid defensive blueliner.
10) Jamie Oleksiak – 6-7, 240 – D - Minnesota Wild- Minnesota wants to make a big splash and Oleksiak the size that every team is looking for. This team loves defense and he could be a future shutdown guy. Very mobile and he has good hands.
Picks 10-15 will be released soon. I am currently interviewing players for my XM show, Hockey Prospect Radio and for features that will lead up to the draft where we will have a live radio show from Minneapolis, Minnesota June 24-25, at the 2011 NHL Draft.
©2000-2012 Sportsology. All Rights Reserved.